Ten days ago, our second “meet the experts” took place. I would like to take the opportunity and have a little retrospective here.abzuhalten.
Phase 1: Setting the Stage
Phase 2: Gathering Data
At first, here is an analysis of the statistical data of the feedback forms. Participants should rate some aspects of the workshop on a scale from 1 (very good) to 6 (bad):
Overall the workshop was rated by all participants as extremly positive. Also the setting (rooms, catering, …) seem to be perfectly organized by the team.
Especially the speakers all have received superb feedback, every single on of them. It looks like the audience liked Henning Wolf and Boris Gloger the most, but the rest of us are not far behind. I have to say, that I am very happy with the rating I received.
In the next section it was asked, if the workshop was applicable to the own situation in the daily job, if there was enough practical advice, and if questions could be answered competently. Again, a really good picture that the numbers are showing!
The highest commendation was saved for last. Apparently we not only were able to match the expectations of the participants, but overfulfilled them – for all of the participants! You could argue that this might be because of the low expectations, but honestly, I don’t think that this is the case. I am extremly happy that the workshop was a pleasent day for everybody and generated a lot of new food for thought.
Phase 3: Generate Insight
On the second page of the feedback form, there were some free comment fields, that I sorted as good as I could into the learning matrix. To the largest extend, the comments are from the feedback forms, complemented with comments from our internal wiki and results from lunch discussions over a pizza.
Phase 4: Deciding What To Do
Most of the Ideas mentioned above are directly implementable:
- More breaks: The next meet the experts on architecture will reduce the agenda to four speakers again, so there will be more time between sessions.
- codecentric now also rented part of the building the event took place in, so we can change the chairs together with beamer, lamps, etc.
- I will explain the open space in the beginning of the event already, and we will have the board available during the breaks, so that interesting discussion topics can be directly put on the agenda.
- The name will go away from the feedback froms.
Well, and the wish for more real-life relevance I will forward to Uwe for the next meet the experts on architecture.
Phase 5: Closing The Retrospective
In the end, let me just share a few pictures. I am so much looking forward to the next one and hope to see many of our customers and participants again. If there are more ideas, proposals, criticism or appreciations: there’s still a lot of space in the comments section below!
- Passten die Inhalte zur beruflichen Situation?
- Konnten die Erwartungen erfüllt werden?
- Wie wurden die Sprecher bewertet?
- Bewertung der Veranstaltung
Dein Job bei codecentric?
More articles in this subject area\n
Discover exciting further topics and let the codecentric world inspire you.